- Ian Rapoport reports that UCLA LB Myles Jack is visiting with the 49ers this weekend and has previously met with the Jaguars, Ravens, and Falcons.
- Texas Southern P Cory Carter participated in the Texans’ local prospect workout on Saturday. (Aaron Wilson)
Cardinals restricted free agent S Tony Jefferson mentioned during a recent interview that he’s likely to be back in Arizona next year.
“I wouldn’t think so,” Jefferson said when asked if he could be playing somewhere else next year, via Arizona Sports. “You don’t want to get yourself locked into long-term deals where you don’t even like your salary, and you’re unrestricted next year, so you have a chance to make more money.
“It’s tricky, but at the same time, who would want to leave Arizona, especially after we’re a game away from the Super Bowl? It’s not like I’m looking to get out, but at the same time, there’s a business aspect.”
- Todd Archer of ESPN isn’t buying the idea that the Cowboys’ interest in Ohio State RB Ezekiel Elliott is just a smokescreen.
- Archer considers defensive line to be the Cowboys’ biggest area of need entering the draft.
- If Archer was making the Cowboys’ pick at No. 4 overall, he wouldn’t hesitate to take Ohio State DE Joey Bosa.
- According to Archer, there’s still interest from the Cowboys in free agent DL Jason Jones, but he gets the impression that they’ve turned their attention to the draft for now.
- Mike Triplett believes Florida CB Vernon Hargreaves III would “absolutely” be in play for the Saints if he were to fall out of the top-10 picks.
- Triplett still considers defensive end to be the Saints’ top position need, but after that he believes you could make the case for any of defensive tackle, outside linebacker, cornerback and guard.