- Albert Breer of TheMMQB.com has heard Colts OT Austin Howard, Raiders OT Jylan Ware, Eagles G Chance Warmack and Bears C Hroniss Grasu all mentioned as being available for trade in recent days.
- Breer adds that offensive linemen are the hottest commodity on the market right now.
- According to Breer, there’s also been plenty of chatter about tight end and linebacker trade options in recent days.
The Giants officially signed WR Odell Beckham Jr to a five-year extension on Monday worth up to $95 million.
“It’s a five-year extension, six years total,” Giants GM Dave Gettleman said of Beckham’s new deal. “We got him until he’s 108. I never worried whether or not we would get it done. I’m pleased, because the litmus test for a contract is that neither side is ticked off before the ink can dry, and neither side should be ticked off. It’s a very fair deal.”
Beckham mentioned that he’s “just so happy that it is finally done now.”
“Honestly, I don’t even know how to explain it,” Beckham said. “I don’t know if it’s a relief, I don’t know – it’s a combination of everything. You’ve worked all your life to get to this point and it’s finally here. I have to thank Mr. Mara, Steve Tisch, Mr. Gettleman, coach (Pat) Shurmur, Eli (Manning), all the guys I played with in the past years. Everybody was really a part of this – my mom, my dad, my family, everybody who was supporting me through this. It’s just such an amazing feeling, I can’t even explain. Most importantly, I have to thank God for being able to put me back together mentally, physically, spiritually. This is just truly amazing; I don’t even know the right words to describe.
“It was just a time of patience and waiting and I knew that it would get done, it just was a matter of when and I’m just so happy that it is finally done now.”
- Packers GM Brian Gutekunst said the recent trade for LB Antonio Morrison: “I think coming into camp we were a little light in the experience department at inside linebacker. … He has a lot of passion, very physical. … He’s not going to set the world on fire speed wise, but we didn’t have any concerns there.” (Rob Demovsky)
- Gutekunst mentioned that conversations with other teams regarding potential trades have been ongoing, but he wouldn’t say they’re shopping anybody. (Tom Silverstein)