Jared Allen Trade
- Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that the Jared Allen trade to the Panthers came about after Allen sat down with Bears GM Ryan Pace and discussed “mutually beneficial” options for both parties.
- Rapoport adds that both the Bears and Allen were well aware of the fact that they didn’t fit one another.
- Allen wound up putting together a list of 4-3 teams that would be a better fit for him.
- Jason Fitzgerald mentions that the Bears willingness to eat money in recent roster moves likely indicates that they may be willing to do the same with QB Jay Cutler’s guarantees next year.
- Rand Getlin reports that Bills G John Miller is dealing with a groin strain and is considered week-to-week.
- Jaguars CB Davon House and FS Sergio Brown were both in a walking boots on Monday. (Ryan O’Halloran)
- O’Halloran mentions that if S Jonathan Cyprien and Josh Evans can’t play, James Sample (FS) and Craig Loston could be called up.
- Jets HC Todd Bowles said that expects suspended DL Sheldon Richardson to return following the team’s Week 5 bye. (Manish Mehta)
- Bowles did say that they’ve yet to hear from the NFL regarding further discipline for Richardson.
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!