- Jack Bechta points out that teams generally waive a player on Saturday to try to sneak them through waivers, as it’s harder for teams to make waiver claim over the weekend as they’re preparing for their upcoming games.
- Matt Barrows mentions that it would not be surprising to see the Seahawks place a waiver claim on Hayne.
- It’s worth mentioning that the Lions also had interest in Hayne before he signed with the 49ers.
Ben Volin of the Boston Globe takes a look at some speculative trade candidates for the Patriots ahead of the upcoming deadline including:
- Ravens WR Steve Smith
- 49ers WR Anquan Boldin, TE Vernon Davis, and RB Reggie Bush
- Chiefs CB Sean Smith and S Tyvon Branch
- Lions DT Haloti Ngata, DE Jason Jones, C Manny Ramirez, S James Ihedigbo
- Buccaneers CB Alterraun Verner
- Bears DE Willie Young, LB Shea McClellin, S Antrel Rolle
- Jaguars DE Chris Clemons, TE Marcedes Lewis, and QB Chad Henne
Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger said he’s ready to return from the knee injury he sustained back in Week 3.
“Yeah, I think so,” Roethlisberger confirmed after practice today, via Steelers.com. “Felt pretty good. Obviously, you can’t simulate a pass rush, getting hit, sacked, things like that. But I have faith in my line that they’ll keep me clean, anyway.”
- Aaron Wilson reports that the Titans worked out veteran LB J.R. Tavai in recent days.