49ers GM Trent Baalke said they will determine the status of HC Jim Harbaugh once the season has concluded.
“When the season ends, decisions are going to be made,” Baalke said, via Matt Maiocco of CSNBayArea.com. “And that’s when that conversation is going to take place. Jim and I sat here this morning and we basically talked about just that, and we talked about what we needed to do from a roster standpoint to get ready to play Saturday.”
Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk writes that the issues with potentially trading a head coach like Harbaugh would require San Francisco to get the process started right now.
It’s worth mentioning that nothing can officially be agreed to until the 2015 season is underway.
- Rookie ILB Chris Borland (ankle) and RB Carlos Hyde (back) are both undergoing an MRIs on their respective injuries. (Matt Maiocco)
- Brad Biggs of the Chicago Tribune writes that But HC Marc Trestman and OC Aaron Kromer appear to be “destined to go down” together at the end of this season.
- ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports that there is “some optimism” coming from the Cowboys in regards to RB DeMarco Murray‘s chances of playing in Week 16.
- Ed Werder reports that the Cowboys “believe” Murray can play in Sunday’s game against the Colts.
- Werder adds that Murray’s surgery was successful and he should be completely healed in six weeks, but there is no additional risk from his playing.