- Andrew Groover reports that Oklahoma RB Joe Mixon will participate in Oklahoma’s Pro Day that’s scheduled for March 8th.
- Tony Pauline still maintains that Mixon won’t be drafted at all this year, but he’s hopeful that someone will sign him as an undrafted free agent. Based solely on his tape, Pauline would have given Mixon a late first-round grade.
- Matt Miller predicts Mixon will be drafted in the second round.
- Zach Berman of the Philadelphia Inquirer guesses that Eagles free agent DT Bennie Logan will get a better offer from another team and depart next month.
- Some potential free agent options according to Berman, for the Eagles to replace Logan could include Nick Fairley (Saints), Lawrence Guy (Ravens), Sylvester Williams (Broncos) and Stacy McGee (Raiders).
- If the Eagles look to the draft for a replacement, first-round options could include Alabama’s Jonathan Allen, Michigan State’s Malik McDowell, and Florida’s Caleb Brantley.
- Berman lists Clemson’s Carlos Watkins, Michigan’s Chris Wormley, Washington’s Elijah Qualls , Notre Dame’s Jarron Jones, and Alabama’s Dalvin Tomlinson as potential day-2 or day-3 options.
- Michael Rothstein of ESPN expects the Lions to add a running back in either free agency or the draft this year and takes a look at some speculative options worth considering for Detroit.
- Free agents options for the Lions, according to Rothstein, could include Rex Burkhead (Bengals), Benny Cunningham (Rams) and LeGarrette Blount (Patriots).
- As for the draft, Rothstein lists Stanford’s Christian McCaffrey, Oklahoma’s Samaje Perine, and Pittsburgh’s James Conner.
- Saints HC Sean Payton singled out pass rusher and cornerbacks as “musts” for them in free agency and the draft.
- Payton added that he “absolutely” expects WR Brandin Cooks to be in New Orleans this year, despite some speculation he could be made available for trade. (Tom Pelissero)
- Payton mentioned that cornerback is going to be an important position for them to address in both free agency and the draft. (Sirius XM NFL Radio)
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!