Oklahoma RB Joe Mixon told Rich Eisen of the NFL Network that he’s grown up since the incident that took place a few years ago and isn’t “running from the fact that I made a huge mistake.”
“I’ve been through a lot of situations after that and I learned a lot,” Mixon said, via NFL.com. “I learned a lot about myself. I learned a lot about the character of me. I just grew up from the situation and moved fast and tried to move forward in a positive manner.”
Mixon admitted that it’s going to take some time for him to show that he’s really changed as a person.
“It’s all about, really, maturity,” Mixon said. “… If I could take that day back, I will. But I can’t. Like I said, I’ve been doing whatever I can to improve myself as a person off the field and a player on the field. That’s what I’ve been trying to do for the last two-and-a-half years.
“It’s not a one-day thing. Nothing just goes away so quick.”
Mixon mentioned that he’s met with several teams in recent weeks during the draft process.
“There has been a lot of teams that I’ve been going to, going around the country and touring around, them getting to know me as a person, and you know, we’ve been trying to build a relationship from there,” Mixon said Mixon.
- The Seahawks are hosting Cal QB Davis Webb for a visit on Wednesday. (Ian Rapoport)
- Oregon TE Johnny Mundt. is working out for the Seahawks. (Aaron Wilson)
- Houston DE/OLB Tyus Bowser is visiting with the Falcons. (Adam Caplan)
- The Saints hosted UCLA DE/OLB Takkarist McKinley for a visit on Tuesday. (SiriusXM NFL Radio)
- The Eagles have worked out Missouri DE Charles Harris. (Tim McManus)
- The Texans are hosting Pittsburgh RB James Conner, Western Kentucky OL Forrest Lamp and Purdue WR DeAngelo Yancey for pre-draft visits. (Adam Caplan)
- Barry Jackson reports that the Dolphins one of three teams to meet with VCU basketball players Mo Alie-Cox after his workout on Tuesday.
- According to Jackson, Tennessee DE Derek Barnett will be a “strong consideration” for the Dolphins at No. 22 overall.
- Miami is also interested in Tennessee DE Corey Vereen and have met privately with him twice.
The Dolphins have spent time with Houston CB Brandon Wilson and worked out Florida S Marcus Maye, per Jackson.
- In regards to free agent DT Jonathan Hankins, Jackson mentions that Miami could afford him, but don’t want to meet his asking price.
A source tells Mike Freeman of B/R that he believes the Packers have to take a defensive player in round or “everyone in that scouting department should be fired.”
We have the Packers taking Western Kentucky OL Forrest Lamp in the First Round of our 2017 NFL Mock Draft. Maybe we’ll have to change that this week.
- Oklahoma LB Jordan Evans visited with the Packers on Tuesday. (Aaron Wilson)
- Fresno State H-back Aaron Peck is taking a pre-draft visit to Green Bay and meeting with the Packers. (Tom Silverstein)