“There have been conversations,” Garafolo said Wednesday. “… People around him believe it’s a very real possibility that he could return to the NFL, whether before or after his appearance in the Spring League.”
According to Garafolo, “teams have been informed that Manziel will take zero dollars guaranteed, minimum salary, if need be.”
- Veteran RB Chris Johnson tells Josina Anderson that he wants to “give it another go” and hopefully find another opportunity for the 2018 season: “I’m not done yet. I am still going strong. I got too much juice left.”
- Tony Pauline of Draft Analyst reports that Texans OL Connor Williams is “slipping down draft boards” after teams began considering the possibility of moving him from offensive tackle to guard.
- Pauline, citing a league source, also reports that the Ravens view Oklahoma OT Orlando Brown as the large prototypical lineman that the team typically likes.
- Regarding the draft stock for Ohio State DE Sam Hubbard and SMU WR Courtland Sutton, Pauline was told that the two must put together “stellar workouts” at the NFL Combine to remain first-round prospects.
- Pauline hears that Army OT Brent Troth “is not and will not” lobby for deferment of his military service and plans to stand by the commitment he made upon entering West Point.
- According to Pauline, Florida State’s Derwin James is the top rated safety, while Alabama’s Ronnie Harrison is the No. 2 rated safety and will be drafted early in the second round if he does not get selected in the first.
- Pauline says that Wake Forest’s Jessie Bates III is someone who could be on the Panthers’ and Cowboys” radar around the third round.
- According to Pauline, “several teams” grade Texas S DeShon Elliott as a fifth-round prospect. However, Pauline believes he’s a “borderline” second-round pick.