HC Mike Pettine confirmed that WR Josh Gordon will be on a “pitch count” this weekend as he returns from his suspension.
“We’re going to have him on a pitch count,” Pettine said, via USA Today. “There needs to be a progression. The trap to fall into is, ‘Hey, he’s back and let’s just go ahead and throw him out there for a bunch of plays.’ There’s certainly danger inherent in doing that and we have to be smart with how we do it and have a plan to progress through the week.“
- Pettine mentioned that research suggests that players returning from a layoff have had higher injury rates. (Russ Tucker)
- Pettine admitted on Thursday that Gordon is “maybe little ahead of where we expected.” (Scott Petrak)
- The NFLPA has filed an appeal on behalf of Vikings RB Adrian Peterson regarding the NFL’s decision to suspend him for the remainder of the 2014 season. (Pro Football Talk)
- Chris Mortensen is reporting that the appeal references Troy Vincent telling Peterson that the games he missed would be qualify as time served. (Ed Werder) executive
- Titans promoted DE Justin Staples to their active roster and signed LB Yamin Smallwood to their practice squad. (Titans247)
- OC Norv Turner mentioned there is some doubt that RB Matt Asiata (concussion) will be able to play in Week 12. (Viking Update)