Home Bengals NFL Notes: Los Angeles, Bengals, Buccaneers, Colts, & Rams
- NFL executive Eric Grubman has told local markets at the owners meetings this week that the window for a team to relocate will be shorter and expedited than expected. (Ian Rapoport)
- Grubman mentioned that a stadium has to be open and in operation for a year. But if that happens, Los Angeles will definitely in the mix for a Super Bowl in 2020. (Ian Rapoport)
- Geoff Hobson of Bengals.com writes that it’s a “tight call” whether LB Vontaze Burfict (knee) will be ready Week 1.
- According to Hobson, first-round OT Cedric Ogbuehi could open the season on reserve/PUP list, which would buy him some more time to recover from his ACL tear.
- Pat Yasinskas of ESPN considers the Buccaneers top-three draft picks — QB Jameis Winston, OT Donovan Smith, and G Ali Marpet — to be day-one starters in the NFL.
- Yasinskas expects fifth-round pick WR Kenny Bell to compete with WR Louis Murphy for the No. 3 receiver job.
- Fourth-round pick should receive an opportunity to compete with Danny Lansanah for the strong side linebacker job.
- The Colts announced the signing of undrafted free agent K Taylor Pontius.