- New Titans CB Malcolm Butler mentioned during his “SI: Under the Cover” profile that the Texans were offering him just a one-year deal, the Bears made him a three-year offer worth $30 million and the Lions reached out with some interest but never made an offer. (ESPN)
- In the end, Butler signed a five-year contract worth $61 million with the Titans. Although, the video implied that Tennessee may have been negotiating against themselves at that high level.
“I was going through some personal issues with my family and I didn’t feel like myself,’’ Cravens said. “I did tell my teammates I was going to retire but I never officially retired.
“The Redskins brought me in, they told me they wanted me to get checked out, make sure I was all right,” Cravens said. “I go to a doctor and he tells me I’m going through something I didn’t even know I was going through. He said this is the reason why you feel this way and you’re in no condition to be making these decisions because of this and I guarantee if you rehab and get yourself better, you won’t be feeling this way.
“Once I got cleared in December, it was like I was a completely different person. Looking back at myself I’m thinking, that’s crazy. I thought I was just messed up but come to find out, I was going through something I wasn’t even aware of.’’
Cravens explained that he’s well aware of what he’s signing up for and the risks that will come with his return to the field in 2018.
“Football is a violent sport and it can be scary but I know what I’m signing up for,’’ Cravens said. “I think we all do. I’m well aware of my situation and this is my decision to continue to play. I’m not going to second-guess my decision to go out there and play. I’m planning on making plays and being the same physical player I’ve always been and I’ll live with the consequences because this is my choice to do so. Every man, every woman, they have a choice they can make. This is my choice.’’
- According to Jordan Schultz, Central Florida LB Shaquem Griffin has a “legitimate shot” at being a fourth- or fifth-round pick.
- The Chiefs met with BYU DL Tomasi Laulile following his Pro Day workout. (Terez A. Paylor)
- FIU QB Alex McGough met with the Chiefs on Saturday. (Aaron Wilson)
- Penn State WR DaeSean Hamilton has been invited to the Giants local Pro Day. (Art Stapleton)
- SMU DE Justin Lawler has pre-draft visits lined up with the Buccaneers and Rams. (Jenna Laine)
- The Falcons met with Yale OLB/S Foye Oluokun on Friday. (D. Orlando Ledbetter)