“Nobody wants to play on a one-year deal, especially the uncertainty of how football is with how it goes,” Forte said. “You just figure like a guy who’s been there since Day 1, continues to put in hard work and has produced, you figure that that guy should be rewarded. But in this business that doesn’t always happen. All I can do is talk to them about it and they can say yes or no. They said we’re not talking about that type of stuff right now, so all I can do is play football. I’ve come to the realization that every run or catch that I may have might be my last in a Bears uniform, so if they don’t want to re-sign me, I’ll have to play somewhere else.”
- Ian Rapoport reports that Browns G Ryan Seymour has been suspended four games for a PED violation.
- Seymour said that he did not “knowingly” take a banned substance and added that he’ll be more careful moving forward.
- The Buccaneers promoted rookie Kwon Alexander to the starting middle linebacker. (Rick Stroud)
- Cardinals HC Bruce Arians announced Monday that S Brandon Person suffered a torn ACL and is subsequently out of the season. (Mike Jurecki)
- According to D. Orlando Ledbetter of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, the Falcons have elected to pass on re-signing former fourth-round pick LB Prince Shembo.