- Ian Rapoport reports that Michigan HC Jim Harbaugh has been telling recruits for a few days that Browns assistant HC/offense Pep Hamilton is joining his coaching staff.
- Here’s our post regarding Hamilton possibly leaving Cleveland to join the Wolverines’ staff. (NFLTR)
- Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that the Dolphins “aren’t counting on” QB Ryan Tannehill (knee) for next week’s Divisional Round game, assuming they’re able to beat the Steelers today.
Jaguars impending free agent DT Abry Jones mentioned that he’s “very interested” to see what plays out in free agency over the next few month.
“I’m very interested,” Jones said, via Jacksonville.com. “I’m ready to hurry up and get it done and focus back on football.”
- Peter Schrager reports that interim HC Doug Marrone is still “very much in contention” for the Jaguars’ head-coaching job.
- Adam Schefter points out that Raiders QB Derek Carr will have plenty of leverage in contract talks with the Raiders during the offseason, considering that in two games without Carr, Oakland went 0-2 and were outscored 51-20.
- Mike Silver reports that both Patriots coordinators, Josh McDaniels and Matt Patricia, made positive impressions on the Rams during their head-coaching interviews on Saturday.