A league source explained to Robinson that Gregory is still working through some personal issues right now.
“I think there are still some personal issues to work through,” the source told Robinson. “It’s important that he’s in the right place personally and that might require some additional time.”
“I wouldn’t get into what we’re going to do there and what he’s going to do there,” Jones said on 105.3 The Fan, via the Dallas Morning News. “But I do know that as we move forward with the league relative to how we handle a situation like Randy Gregory, his opportunity to play will get better and better. He’s, I think, the classic case of potentially what we ought to consider when we’re looking at some of our substance issues.
“I’m just going to hold it at that. I don’t want to speculate on whether he’ll be on the field for us here at that time or not.”
- Sal Capaccio wonders if the Bills and Redskins could help each with a potential trade before the upcoming deadline.
- Capaccio points out that Redskins WR Terrelle Pryor has clearly fallen out of favor in Washington and they could use some help at left tackle while this happens to be an area of surplus for the Bills.
- Vaughn McClure, citing multiple sources, reports that Falcons rookie LB Duke Riley will undergo knee surgery this week to repair a meniscus tear.
- According to McClure, Riley’s timetable to return remains unclear at this time, but these procedures typically require four weeks of recovery.
- The Falcons have already re-signed LB Sean Weatherspoon. (NFLTR)