- The NFL Players Association announced Wednesday that they will conduct their own investigation into the league’s handling of the Ray Rice matter.
“The NFLPA has retained Richard Craig Smith, Head of Regulatory and Governmental Investigation, United States of Norton Rose Fulbright to conduct our investigation surrounding the due process, discipline, facts and conduct of the NFL League Office and Baltimore Ravens resulting in the indefinite suspension of Ray Rice. As a former federal prosecutor, Mr. Smith brings tremendous experience and expertise. The NFLPA will request that the NFL and the Baltimore Ravens cooperate in the interest of transparency. This investigation will run parallel to Rice’s appeal.“
- DL Corey Liuget has been named the AFC Defensive Player of the Week.
- CB Morris Claiborne returned to the Cowboys Tuesday night and apologized for his actions. He’s expected to play in Week 4’s game.
- Ian Rapoport points out that the draft picks the Cowboys gave up in return for right to select CB Morris Claiborne became LB Bobby Wagner and DT Michael Brockers.
- DC Billy Davis said first-round pick Marcus Smith could remain at inside linebacker long-term. (Geoff Mosher)
- RB Maurice Jones-Drew (hand) mentioned that he feels as though he’s ready to play this weekend, but admits the decision isn’t up to him.
“Yeah, definitely,” Jones-Drew said on NFL AM. “It’s not up to me but I feel like I’ll be able to play.“
- The Raiders appear to be starting Kaluka Maiava and Bojay Filimoeatu at linebacker against the Dolphins this week. (Jerry McDonald)
- QB Matt Schaub did not travel to England with the Raiders due to a family matter. (Scott Bair)