- Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk writes that it appears as though the chances of Ray Rice returning to the NFL are getting “more real than ever”, considering the number of injuries sustained by running backs.
- Florio points out that the list of injured running backs now includes: Adrian Peterson (Vikings), Doug Martin (Buccaneers), Ameer Abdullah (Lions), Danny Woodhead (Chargers), Jonathan Stewart (Panthers), Thomas Rawls (Seahawks), Arian Foster (Dolphins), and Rashad Jennings (Giants).
- Florio admits that some of these teams will just go with the next man up, but he believes a team will look to bring in a free agent at some point with Rice being a possibililty.
- Florio concludes that “if it doesn’t happen this year for Rice, it never will.”
- Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said it was the NFL Players Association’s decision to drop Randy Gregory‘s suspension appeal, due to him not having a case worth pursing. (Charean Williams)
- Jones admitted that Gregory wasn’t a good use of second-round pick, but he still has hope for him. (Charean Williams)
Jets WR Brandon Marshall (knee) said not to rule him out for Week 3’s game. Although, it sounded like there’s at least a chance he could be inactive.
“The school I come from is, don’t rule me out until Sunday. I need all the way up until pregame warmup to see if I’m good to go,” Marshall said, via the New York Daily News. “Right now, I feel stable. I feel good. And I’m going to work my tail off to get out there and be out there with the guys.”