- John Ourand of SportsBusinessDaily.com reports that former Bills HC Rex Ryan was contacted by CBS, ESPN, FOX and NFL Network almost immediately after he was fired regarding a job in television.
- According to Ourand, Ryan has agreed to sign a deal to appear on “NFL Sunday Countdown” from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. ET on Super Bowl Sunday. The agreement only covers the Super Bowl, but it clearly leaves ESPN as the front-runner to sign Ryan to a longer deal, assuming he doesn’t return to coaching.
- Jason La Canfora had been hearing that Mark Dominik could be a GM candidate for the 49ers before they hired John Lynch Sunday evening. La Canfora mentions that Dominik was in Tampa with Lynch years ago and wonders if he lands with the 49ers in some role.
- Albert Breer mentions that whoever the 49ers hire underneath Lynch will be vital and sys that Dominik is someone to keep an eye on along with former Dolphins GM Dennis Hickey.
- According to Breer, Dominik and Hickey both watched practices together in Mobile last week, which could be groundwork for those two to reunite in San Francisco.
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!