Multiple league sources tell Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk that the reported three-year, $39 million contract CB Richard Sherman signed with the 49ers Saturday night is likely to end up being “a mirage.”
- Jeff Howe reports that the Patriots never reached out to Sherman about coming to New England after he was released by the Seahawks.
- Howe says that Sherman wants to play with Tom Brady, but the 49ers were able to close the deal after they presented him a heck of an offer yesterday.
- According to Adam Schefter, Sherman and the 49ers both expect him to be ready for the start of training camp this summer, despite his Achilles injury.
- Jason La Canfora heard that the Seahawks rejected a potential trade that could have sent Sherman to the Dolphins for WR Jarvis Landry last year.
- According to Jordan Raanan of ESPN, there was “a lot of talk” about Trumaine Johnson ending up with the 49ers last week.
- Tony Pauline previously reports that the 49ers are intent on being players for Johnson and could end up pushing out the Raiders due to the amount of cap space they have available.
- We have Johnson featured in our Top 100 – 2018 NFL Free Agents list.
- Tom Rock of Newsday takes a look at some offensive linemen worth watching for the Giants in free agency including G Andrew Norwell, OT Nate Solder, G Senio Kelemete, OT Jack Mewhort, C Ryan Jensen, and OT Cameron Fleming.
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!