Cowboys owner Jerry Jones mentioned during an interview with 105.3 The Fan that the decision regarding Roger Goodell’s new extension will be brought up at the upcoming owners meeting.
“We’re going to have a meeting here in Dallas in about 10 days on the 13th,” Jones said, via Pro Football Talk. “We should have a real good airing out of some of the things that we’ve been reading about, and in the meantime I’ve been having a lot of conversations with a lot of owners.”
Jones stressed that he’s very optimistic about the league’s future moving forward, despite what has been a turbulent year for the NFL.
“That’s about all I want to say about it,” Jones said. “I feel good about the future of the league. I really do. I really think that relative to how we make decisions, some of the things that we need to address, no organization is immune from needing to make some changes and addressing some things in different ways. That’s just part of going forward. I feel real good about doing all that. We’ve got a lot of pluses in my mind. Frankly, I’ve never been in this league when I feel better about its future. And I mean that.”
- Todd Archer of ESPN wonders if Cowboys RB Alfred Morris could be setting himself up for a decent payday in free agency next year.
- While filling in for Ezekiel Elliott, Morris has totaled 307 yards rushing on 64 carries (4.79), which would amount to 1,228 yards over the course of a full season.
- Archer admits that it’s possible Morris could re-sign with Dallas, but it’s equally possible he could seek a larger role with another team.
- Nick Underhill reports that the Saints are working out OLB Davis Tull on Tuesday.
- Bob Condotta is hearing that the Seahawks could re-sign WR Cyril Grayson to their practice squad this week.
- The Seahawks later announced that they’ve signed OT Isaiah Battle, DT Garrison Smith and WR Cyril Grayson Jr. to their practice squad. (NFLTR)