- According to Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk, the Spring League will launch a tryout circuit later this year which will include auditions in seven cities.
- The tryouts will be held in New York (October 1), Cincinnati (October 8), Memphis (October 22), Dallas (November 5), Atlanta (November 19), Tampa (February 18), and Los Angeles (February 25).
- James Kratch of NJ.com mentions that veteran OL D.J. Fluker hasn’t made a significant push to secure a roster spot this summer and there’s at least a chance that the Giants could cut him if they prefer to go with Adam Gettis.
- Kratch expects the Giants to move forward with their current group of running backs, as opposed to bringing a veteran option.
- As for the tight end position, Kratch considers Rhett Ellison and Evan Engram to be “locks” to make the 53-man roster with Jerell Adams being close to securing a spot. Should the Giants keep four tight ends, Kratch believes it would likely come at the expense of a fullback.
- Giants TE Will Tye appears to be the odd-man-out for New York at tight end, according to Kratch.
- Kratch could see the Giants looking into some of the available linebacker options once roster cuts are made.
“I’m going to watch during the week and not put myself into a situation where you kind of get backed up and at the end of the day you’ve got to change it,” Marrone said. “That’s the worst thing you can do. So you just go out there and say, ‘Hey, this is what we’re going to do during the week. We’re going to see how this thing goes.'”
Bortles said he’s tuning out the criticism of his play.
“Whether you think you are mentally strong as you possible can, if you read negative stuff about yourself long enough there’s no way to not believe it,” Bortles said, via Jacksonville.com. “I don’t watch cable sports news channels and I got to stay off social media and all that stuff because it does nothing for you. Anything you guys say, I have no idea. I think it’s all I can do is go out there and go earn, prove and show them with each play I can do it and I can consistently do it.”
- Marrone said he hasn’t discussed any outside quarterback with the front office as of now. (Ryan O’Halloran)