- Pro Football Talk reports that Tee Martin is finalizing a contract extension to remain USC’s offensive coordinator.
- This comes a week after he interviewed for the Raiders’ head-coaching job.
Robert Jones, the father of Bills WR Zay Jones, tells Bills Wire that his son played with a torn labrum and will undergo shoulder surgery this week.
“Here’s a guy that’s going into surgery on Tuesday to get his shoulder repaired and people hardly knew that he played the entire season with, you know, a torn labrum,” Jones said. “So how would you like sitting around and you’re going to grab a glass of water and your arm falls out of its socket?”
- If the Patriots end up losing DC Matt Patricia and OC Josh McDaniels to head-coaching jobs, Ben Volin mentions Brian Daboll and Greg Schiano as two names to watch for New England.
- Although it’s also possible the Patriots could promote LBs coach Brian Flores to defensive coordinator.
- Mike Reiss reports that Patriots RB Mike Gillislee is working his way back from a sprained ligament in the knee.
Titans QB Marcus Mariota told reporters after Saturday’s loss to the Patriots that he suffered a quad strain during the first quarter that limited his mobility for much of the game.
“It had an impact, obviously,” Mularkey said. “We had to get out of some of our scheme we had with him, some of our zone scheme.”
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!