- Jason Cole of B/R reports that two NFLPA player reps were “dismayed” by the union’s decision to defend Tom Brady, who is considered a “cheater.”
- There’s also a concern of about the amount of money the union is spending on legal fees.
- The other concern is that this story will carry on and likely overshadow the upcoming season.
- Jim Trotter of ESPN reports the NFLPA is “leaning toward” filing a court appeal of Cowboys DE Greg Hardy‘s four-game suspension.
- Trotter notes that the deadline to do so is today.
- Free agent QBs Trent Steelman and Austin Trainor are on the Ravens’ “short list” of available options following workouts this week. (Scott N. Bergman)
- Aaron Wilson reports that recently released WR Cam Worthy got second opinion from Dr. James Andrews last week, and may need to undergo foot surgery for stress fractures.