NFL Notes: Tua Tagovailoa, Dalvin Cook, Adam Vinatieri


Tua Tagovailoa

  • Per Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald, Alabama QB Tua Tagovailoa said if he’s projected to be a top 10 or 15 pick, it will be tough for him to stay in college. 
  • Tagovailoa clarified that he has not made a decision yet and doesn’t have a timeline for doing so: “The decision could be tomorrow. It could be the 20th [of January], when the deadline is.” (Mike Rodak)
  • Tagovailoa added he suffered a concussion on the same play he dislocated his hip. (Salguero)
  • Tagovailoa confirmed there would be some long-lasting effects from this injury: “I won’t say I will be the same again because there’s metal in here [in the hip] now. I [will] lose some inward rotation [of the hip].” (Rodak)

Dalvin Cook

Vikings RB Dalvin Cook (chest) mentioned that he is feeling better and expects to play in Week 14. 

“I feel good. Actually, better than I expected,” said Cook. “I’ll be out there on Sunday and ready to get a W.”

Cook said their medical staff felt it was best to have him leave Week 13’s Monday night game but does not think it will prevent him from playing. 

“That was the best thing, for me to shut it down Monday night so I could get ready to roll on Sunday. I don’t feel like it’s going to hold me back from playing in any game. It’s more of just, lay off the contact during the week and get ready for Sunday,” said Cook. “That’s just going to be my plan in preparing for these next couple of games.”

Adam Vinatieri

Colts HC Frank Reich said K Adam Vinatieri picked up a knee issue during pre-game warmups against the Titans this past week. Vinatieri was able to play, though two of his field-goal attempts were blocked and he missed the third. However, when the injury didn’t improve in practice this week, the team made the decision to claim K Chase McLaughlin off waivers from San Francisco.

“Actually, before the (Titans) game in pre-game warmups this past weekend, (Vinny) was having some problems with the knee,” Reich said via SIRIUS XM NFL Radio. “(He) gutted it out, was fine, did what he had to do to get through the game. Then came out here earlier this week and it was not responding the way I think he was looking for it to respond. So we got some scans on it. We’ll consult with the doctors, figure out what we need to do and monitor it as the week goes along.”

  • Vinatieri told reporters on Thursday he has had reoccurring knee pain this season and is waiting for the results of an MRI. (Joel Erickson)
  • He doesn’t know if he will be able to kick Sunday. (Erickson)
  • Vinatieri mentioned the pain became sharper on Wednesday and he also felt it Sunday. (Erickson)
  • He added he doesn’t know if he will kick again this season and he’s day to day while he waits for word from the doctors. (Erickson)
Notify of
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments