Ian Rapoport reports that Bills QB Tyrod Taylor underwent surgery Thursday morning to fix a core muscle issue and is now facing a six-week recovery period.
This is an interesting situation, as the remaining $27.5 million of injury guarantees in his contract would kick in if he’s unable to pass a physical on March 11.
The Bills released the following statement regarding Taylor’s surgery:
“Bills QB Tyrod Taylor had a consultation visit yesterday with Dr. William Meyers and elected to have surgery this morning. The Bills were informed late yesterday of this morning’s procedure.”
- Armando Salguero reports that the Dolphins expect to play DE Mario Williams on Sunday after he was a healthy scratch last weekend. Salguero adds that this isn’t 100 percent but trending that way.
- Earlier in the week, Salguero reported that the Dolphins plan to release Williams after the season. (NFLTR)
Patriots impending free agent TE Martellus Bennett told reporters that he loves playing in New England and is hoping to re-sign with the team after the season.
“I love it here,” Bennett said Thursday, via Pro Football Talk. “We’ll figure it out when it’s time to figure it out, but my family loves it here, I love being a part of this team, this organization, and this city. When it comes around, it comes around. I’m not really tripping, like I said. I save my money pretty good. I’ve got a good, diverse portfolio, so I’m not really tripping right now.”
- Adam Caplan reports that the Raiders are still optimistic that Matt McGloin will be able to be their No. 2 quarterback for Saturday’s Wildcard game QB on Saturday.
- According to Caplan, McGloin was able to put in some light work during Wednesday’s practice.
- Adam Caplan reports that the Ravens have fired assistant OL coach Todd Washington and director of strength and conditioning Bob Rogucki.
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!