- The Saints worked out TE Darion Griswold on Tuesday. (Howard Balzer)
- The Jets worked out G Robert Myers on Tuesday. (Howard Balzer)
- The Buccaneers worked out CBs Randall Evans and David Rivers on Tuesday. They signed Rivers to their practice squad. (Howard Balzer)
- The Titans worked out five players, including LB Frank Beltre, LB Ken Ekanem, DE Howard Jones, DE Praise Martin-Oguike, and DE Tony Washington. (Howard Balzer)
- DeMaurice Smith was re-elected as NFLPA executive director by a 14-0 vote from the selection committee. (Jim Trotter)
- According to Rich Campbell, the Eagles tried to sign sixth-round S DeAndre Houston-Carson from the Bears’ practice squad, but Chicago promoted him to their active roster.
“Is [Harrison] dropping [on the depth chart] or are other guys ascending?” said Tomlin, via Conor Orr of Around The NFL. “Bud [Dupree] missed some time in Week 1, [Anthony] Chickillo was able to start. Chickillo produced two sacks. Respect those contributions. T.J. [Watt] got hurt in Week 2; wanted to leave the hot hands in there. Chickillo being that hot hand. We appreciate James. We know what James is capable of. James will ready himself.”
Tomlin insisted that “there will be a time” for Harrison and the team will continue to rotate linebackers.
“There will be a time in the season where we’ll call on his services, and he’ll deliver and he’ll deliver in a big way,” said Tomlin. “Much like he did in the latter part of 2016. In the meanwhile, man, we’re going to continue to roll people and play guys that we see fit and not do a real good job of maybe describing our mindset or outlining our intentions because part of it is gamesmanship and part of it is it will define itself as we move forward.”