Ben Volin of the Boston Globe reports that the NFL wants to stretch the Combine over two weeks and televise all drills during primetime hours.
There has been a lot of buzz about the NFL taking the Combine on the road in coming years, despite the fact that it’s been held in Indianapolis for decades.
- Adam Schefter reports that Penn State QB Trace McSorley was asked to also work out with the defensive backs at the NFL Combine, but declined since he is concentrating on being a quarterback.
- Ohio State DE Nick Bosa confirmed that he is scheduled to meet with each of the top eight teams in the 2019 NFL Draft. (Nate Davis)
- Texas DL Charles Omenihu said he had formal meetings with the Titans, Dolphins, Chiefs, 49ers, Lions, and Vikings at the NFL Combine, while he also met with Patriots at the Senior Bowl. (Aaron Wilson)
- Michigan DL Rashan Gary said he met with the Jets on Friday, is scheduled to have a formal interview with the Giants on Saturday, and is focused on proving he’s the “best player” in the 2019 NFL Draft. (Art Stapleton)
- Alabama DL Quinnen Williams said he is scheduled to meet with the Cardinals and Raiders. (Aaron Wilson)
- Texas A&M DL Kingsley Keke had formal meetings with the Cowboys, Buccaneers, Broncos, while also having an informal meeting with the Texans. (Aaron Wilson)
- Houston DL Ed Oliver said he is scheduled to meet with the Falcons and Bills. (Aaron Wilson)
- Oliver added that he will meet with the Packers and expects to interview with the Lions at some point. (Aaron Wilson)
- Minnesota LB Blake Cashman has completed meetings with the Vikings, Patriots, Cardinals, Redskins, Saints, and Chiefs at the NFL Combine. (Darren Wolfson)
- Clemson DT Dexter Lawrence confirmed he completed formal meetings with the Falcons, Chiefs, and Panthers. (D. Orlando Ledbetter)
- Kentucky OLB Josh Allen said he met with Lions and Jaguars on Friday, while the 49ers and Raiders “should be” among his scheduled interviews tonight. (Matt Maiocco)
- Allen also indicated that he completed a formal interview with the Giants and is scheduled to meet with the Jets. (Art Stapleton)
- Tony Pauline of Draft Insider mentions that the Lions have reported interest in Patriots’ impending free-agent DL Trey Flowers.
- Mississippi State DL Montez Sweat said he has spoken “multiple times” with the Lions’ staff at the NFL Combine and Senior Bowl, including with HC Matt Patricia: “We had some good talks at the Senior Bowl and here.” (Kyle Meinke)
- Tony Pauline of Draft Insider reports that the Packers “really like” Florida OLB Jachai Polite at this point of the draft process, while Pauline “continues to hear” that Green Bay will target pass rushers in free agency.
- Polite said he had a formal interview with the Packers, who were among the teams addressing his “character concerns” during their meeting. (Jim Owczarski)
- Mississippi State DL Montez Sweat said he has yet to meet with the Packers but added: “I’m sure it’s coming.” (Jim Owczarski)
- Owcarzski adds that Florida State DE Brian Burns had an informal meeting with the Packers earlier this week.