Robert Griffin III
- Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk, citing a league source, reports that the market for free agent quarterback like Robert Griffin III is being held up until the situation involving 49ers QB Colin Kaepernick is resolved.
- Florio mentions that until Kaepernick is traded or no longer on the trade block, Griffin’s market won’t fully develop.
- The Broncos, 49ers, and Rams have all come up as potential options for RGIII, but the Broncos are in talks for Kaepernick and have reportedly been doing background work on Ryan Fitzpatrick.
- According to Florio, the Rams haven’t show much interest in him up to this point, which could leave the 49ers as his best option. However, this obvious hinges upon the 49ers moving on from Kaepernick.
- Stephen Holder reports that Colts ILB D’Qwell Jackson has been found guilty of simple assault in Washington D.C for a 2015 case in which assaulted a pizza delivery driver.
- Todd Archer expects the Cowboys to use a lot of the cap space they freed up today on their rookie class, and carry some over to the 2017 season to address some of their players such as C Travis Frederick.
- Former Cowboys RB Joseph Randle, who has been arrested numerous times in the past year, earned $33,285.50 in performance based pay from 2015. (Todd Archer)
- Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports reports that the Steelers never made S Eric Weddle a contract offer and actually stopped monitoring his market over the weekend to focus on the available offensive tackles.
- Vikings S Michael Griffin told reporters that free agent OT Andre Smith will leave Minnesota and take one more visit with an NFL. (Chris Tomasson)
- Griffin added that he remains hopeful Smith will sign with the Vikings in the end. (Chris Tomasson)
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!