Here’s a running list of rumors related to the Redskins head coaching search.
- Adam Schefter reports that Vanderbilt HC James Franklin has no interview scheduled with Redskins. (Update: 8:13 pm)
- Chick Hernandez reports that “several” people within the Redskins organization want special teams coordinator Danny Smith to interview for the HC job.
- Ian Rapoport reports that the Redskins are still plan to meet with Vanderbilt HC James Franklin, who was reportedly the top candidate for the Penn State job.
- Jason La Canfora reports that James Franklin’s interview with the Redskins is scheduled for Thursday.
- Mark Maske reports that an NFL source informed him that Bengals OC Jay Gruden is their “first choice.”
We’ll have continuous updates post here as the news is available, so be sure to check back.
- Bengals OC Jay Gruden mentioned that he is not sure about interviewing with the Lions regarding their head-coaching vacancy, per Dave Birkett. He expects to meet with the Vikings, Titans and Redskins.
- ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports that the Redskins have requested permission to interview 49ers DC Vic Fangio.
- Jeff Darlington believes Bengals OC Jay Gruden will be the next head coach of the Washington Redskins.
- Jason La Canfora confirms that the Redskins have in fact requested permission to interview Chargers OC Ken Whisenhunt.
- Albert Breer reports that the Redskins have reached out to 49ers OC Greg Roman.
- Ian Rapoport reports that the Redskins are expected to interview Vanderbilt HC James Franklin at some point this week.
- Mark Maske reports that the Redskins have officially asked permission to interview both Bengals OC Jay Gruden and DC Mike Zimmer for their head coaching vacancy.
- Ian Rapoport reports that Giants DC Perry Fewell will interview with the Redskins on Monday. (Update: 9:43 pm)
- Ian Rapoport reports that Ravens OC Jim Caldwell will interview for the Redskins job on Sunday
- Adam Schefter reports that the Redskins have requested to speak with Vanderbilt HC James Franklin.
- Mike Garafolo reports that Bengals DC Mike Zimmer is generating interest from Redskins among other teams and could interview for the job next week. (Update: 5:41 pm)
- Garafolo adds that Zimmer was “off-limits” this week while the Bengals prepare for the Wildcard playoff game.
- Jason La Canfora confirms that Redskins officials will travel to Charlotte Saturday to interview Panthers DC Sean McDermott.
- ESPN’s John Clayton is reporting that Dallas Cowboys assistant HC Rich Bisaccia is interviewing for the Redskins job today.
- Redskins GM Bruce Allen mentioned during an interview Thursday that they have not reached out Bill Cowher regarding their head coaching vacancy. (Mark Maske of the Washington Post)
- with Mark Maske of the Washington Post that the team has not contacted Cowher.
- Adam Schefter reports that Ravens OC Jim Caldwell has already interviewed for the Redskins job.
- Jeff Darlington expect Bengals OC Jay Gruden to get “major consideration” for the Redskins’ head coaching job.
- Josina Anderson reports that the Redskins have requested permission to interview Giants DC Perry Fewell. (Update: 4:19 pm)
- Dan Graziano reports that the Giants will grant the Redskins permission to interview Giants DC Perry Fewell. (Update: 6:21 pm)
- Ian Rapoport reports that Ravens OC Jim Caldwell will also interview for the Redskins head coaching job.
- Caldwell has an interview with the Lions and his name has been linked to the Penn State job as well.
- ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports that Washington GM Bruce Allen and team officials are in Seattle to interview Seahawks OC Darrell Bevell today. (Update: 6:32 pm)
- Schefter adds that the Seahawks gave them permission to interview Bevell today, so this suggests a high-level of interest from Washington’s standpoint.
- Baylor coach Art Briles told reports that he hasn’t been contacted by the Redskins regarding their head-coaching vacancy, per ESPN.com. (Update: 3:33 pm)
- Joe Person reports that the Redskins will interview Panthers DC Sean McDermott for their head coaching vacancy this weekend in Charlotte.
- Person adds that McDermott is expected to be selective with the jobs he interviews for, so it appears as though he’s high on the Redskins’ job.
- Mike Garafolo reports that McDermott’s interview will be on Saturday.
- Ian Rapoport reports that Redskins plan to interview Seahawks OC Darrell Bevell at some point in the near future.
- Jeff Darlington mentions that Bengals OC Jay Gruden could be someone to watch regarding the Redskins job due to his relationship with Bruce Allen. (Update: 3:53 pm)
- ESPN’s John Clayton has the Redskins top-10 coaching candidates in this order: Baylor HC Art Briles, Texas A&M HC Kevin Sumlin, Stanford HC David Shaw, Notre Dame HC Brian Kelly, 49ers OC Greg Roman, Seahawks OC Darrell Bevell, Chargers OC Ken Whisenhunt, Bengals assistant HC Hue Jackson, Bengals OC Jay Gruden and Cardinals assistant HC Russ Grimm. (Update: 2:48 pm)
- ESPN’s Adam Schefter lists Bengals OC Jay Gruden, Bengals DC Mike Zimmer, former Bears HC Lovie Smith and Stanford HC David Shaw as potential candidates for the job.
- One speculative option previously mentioned is Baylor HC Art Briles.