Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network reports that Buccaneers GM Jason Licht has fielded โa ton of phone callsโ from interested teams regarding WR Vincent Jackson and other players on the teamโs roster.
Rapoport mentioned this past weekend that Jackson was among the notable players that could be available at the trade deadline. However, HC Lovie Smith told reporters this week that they are not looking to trade any of the players.
Itโs worth mentioning that Smith said they had no plans to release CB Darrelle Revis a few months before they cut him loose, so there is at least a chance that the Buccaneers could swing a trade before Tuesdayโs deadline.
With the Buccaneers really struggling across the board this year, you would have to think that they would consider parting ways with a high-paid veteran if they can secure a solid return or package of draft picks for him.
Jackson, 31, is in the third year of his five-year, $55,555,555 contract that includes $26 million guaranteed. Heโll make base salaries of $10 million, $9,777,777, and $9,777,778 over the final three years of his contract.
So far this season, Jackson has caught 25 passes for 344 yards receiving and two touchdowns over the course of six games.
Weโll have more updates regarding potential trades as the news is available.
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on X.com and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!