The Houston Texans announced Monday night that they interviewed Steelers Vice President of Football & Business Administration Omar Khan for their GM vacancy.
The Texans have met with Omar Khan to interview for the General Manager role.
— Houston Texans (@HoustonTexans) January 5, 2021
Here’s the updated list of interviews and candidates linked to the Texans’ GM job:
- ESPN analyst Louis Riddick (Interviewed)
- Texans director of personnel Matt Bazirgan (Interviewed)
- Bills director of pro personnel Malik Boyd (Interviewed)
- Patriots director of player personnel Nick Caserio (Requested)
- Ravens director of football research Scott Cohen (Requested)
- Seahawks VP of player personnel Trent Kirchner (Interview Scheduled)
- Steelers VP of football and business administration Omar Khan (Interviewed)
- Cowboys VP of player personnel Will McClay
- Seahawks executive Alonzo Highsmith
- Colts assistant GM Ed Dodds
Khan, 43, took his first NFL job as a scouting/personnel intern for the Saints back in 1997. After four years in New Orleans, he left to become the Steelers football administration coordinator.
Khan worked his way up to VP of football & business administration in 2016.
Khan previously interviewed for the Jets and Seahawks’ GM jobs years ago.