- Ian Rapoport reports that the 49ers also talked to Hardy Nickerson about being their LBs coach.
Buccaneers HC Dirk Koetter said he’ll likely be more aggressive as a play-caller now that he’s the head coach of the team.
“When you’re the head coach and you’re the play caller, you have a license to be a little bit more aggressive,” Koetter said, via the Tampa Bay Times. “You don’t have to worry about the head coach second guessing you; you are the head coach. So you make your game plan and you stick to your game plan.”
- Dave Birkett reports that the Dolphins are hiring former Lions OL coach Jeremiah Washburn.
- Alex Marvez reports that the Dolphins are also hiring his father, Jim Washburn, as a senior defensive assistant.
- According to Marvez, the Dolphins were denied permission to interview Lions defensive line coach Kris Kocurek for same position.
- John McClain reports that the Texans don’t want to lose LBs coach Mike Vrabel to 49ers or any other team.
- Vrabel is interviewing with San Francisco on Tuesday.