Jason La Canfora reports that Joe Haden is currently entertaining both one-year and multi-year offers from interested teams. La Canfora adds that Haden is expected to decide on his next team within the next 24 hours and the Steelers, Dolphins, Saints, Eagles, Chiefs, and 49ers are all “very much in the mix” for him.
Before the Browns released Haden, La Canfora says that they were seeking a fourth-round pick that could improve to a third-round selection and were willing to eat $4 million of his salary.
- Jeremy Fowler reports that there 12-13 teams interested in Haden with the Steelers being “big-time players” for him.
- Adam Schefter confirms that the Steelers are “the team to watch” for Haden and are considered to be the favorites to sign Haden.
- Jason La Canfora also mentions that he would keep a close eye on the Steelers as a team for Haden, given that they’ve been eyeing a number of cornerback options in recent weeks.
- Aditi Kinhabwala hears that Pittsburgh is emerging as a possible contender for Haden.
According to Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald, the Dolphins are among the teams involved in the chase for CB Joe Haden. Salguero says that Miami would like to add Haden but at some sort of bargain situation or perhaps even at some sort of trial situation.
- Clarence Hill reports that the Cowboys are interested in Haden, but his asking price could be an issue as Dallas is unlikely to get involved in a bidding war for him.
The Saints have been linked to a few cornerback options this offseason and reportedly tried to trade for Rams franchise CB Trumaine Johnson several months ago.
Haden, 28, is a former first-round pick of the Browns back in 2010. He was in the fourth year of his six-year, $74.678 million contract that includes $45 million guaranteed and set to make base salaries of $11.1 million over the next two years of the agreement.
In 2016, Haden appeared in 13 games for the Browns and recorded 48 tackles, three interceptions, and 11 pass defenses. Pro Football Focus had him rated as the No. 88 cornerback out of 110 qualifying players.
We’ll have more regarding potential options for Haden as the news is available.