- Cowboys LT Tyron Smith said, “I’m good,” in response to concerns regarding his back injury. (Drew Davison)
- Cowboys HC Jason Garrett mentioned that the team will continue to monitor Smith and that he is hopeful he will be able to practice “sometime” next week: “We’ll see how he does over the next few days and hopefully he can get some practice time in sometime next week.“
- David Moore reports that Cowboys WR Brice Butler sustained a lateral ankle sprain, but could return to practice as early as next week.
Packers undrafted rookie WR Malachi Dupre was taken off the field from Thursday’s preseason game on a stretcher after taking a hard hit from Eagles S Tre Sullivan.
Dupre was transported to a local hospital for precautionary measures, but later Tweeted out that everything is okay.
Thanks for all the prayers they are definitely being felt.. I am okay! #GoPackGo
— Malachi Dupre (@MalachiDupre) August 11, 2017
- Jourdan Rodrigue of the Charlotte Observer reports that Panthers DT Vernon Butler did not tear any ligaments in his knee during Week 1 of the preseason, but the timetable for his return remains undisclosed.
- The Washington Redskins announced that S Su’a Cravens (knee) and DE Trent Murphy (knee) both require MRIs.
- Mike Jones of the Washington Post reports that Cravens is believed to have suffered either a hyperextension or a meniscus-related injury and is scheduled to undergo an MRI Friday.
- Vikings RB Bishop Sankey left Thursday’s preseason game with a knee injury and was on crutches after the game. (Chris Tomasson)
- Sankey said he will be evaluated on Friday: “I don’t know anything yet. I just got to get it checked out (Friday).”
- Vikings CB Trae Waynes suffered a shoulder injury during Thursday’s preseason opener.