Home / 49ers / NFL News & Rumors: Monday 9/16
NFL News & Rumors: Monday 9/16
- TE Vernon Davis suffered a hamstring strain on Sunday’s week 2 game. (Matt Maiocco)
- HC Jim Harbaugh confirmed that DT Ian Williams will undergo surgery and is out for the season.
- HC Jim Harbaugh told reporters that S Eric Reid going through concussion protocol, but isn’t showing symptoms today.
- Bengals waive S Jeromy Miles and added LB J.K. Shaffer off of the practice squad.
- WR Malcom Floyd is getting a second opinion and is out indefinitely. He’ll be in a neck brace for at least a week. (Ian Rapoport)
- RB Jamaal Charles mentioned his quad felt sore during the team’s Week 2 game. (Vahe Gregorian)
- HC Andy Reid confirmed that LT Branden Albert will be available to play in Thursday night’s game. (Adam Teicher)
- TE Travis Kelce is dealing with a bone bruise in his knee. (Dave Skretta)
- CB Dunta Robinson will return for Week 3’s game. (Reid Ferrin)
- Chiefs waived CB Bradley McDougald.
- Chiefs sign TE Kevin Brock.
- WR Darius Heyward-Bey is expected to be back later this week.
- TE Dwayne Allen is still day-to-day with a hip injury. (Mike Chappell)
- Colts signed RB Miguel Maysonet to the practice squad. (Tom James)
- G Donald Thomas needs surgery to repair his torn quadriceps tendon, which will end his season. (Indianapolis Star)
- Dolphins re-signed DT Al Lapuaho to their practice squad. (Aaron Wilson)
- RB Maurice Jones-Drew’s is dealing with a “tendon sprain.” (Ryan O’Halloran)
- QB Blaine Gabbert mentioned says he’s still day to day, and is uncertain to play in Week 3. (John Oehser)
- Jaguars claimed CB Jamell Fleming off waivers from the Cardinals. (NFLTR)
- Jaguars waived WR Jeremy Ebert and CB Marcus Burley.
- Jaguars re-signed G/C Jacques McClendon.
- Jaguars signed DE Chris McCoy to their practice squad.
- P Robert Malone has been released and P Ryan Quigley has been re-signed.
- DE Muhammad Wilkerson mentioned that he’s “fine,” and expects to play in Week 3 against the Bills. (Manish Mehta)
- OT Rodger Saffold has an MRI scheduled on Monday for his knee. (Ian Rapoport)
- Rams claimed OT Mike Person off waivers from the Seahawks.
- Rams placed S Matt Daniels on IR.
- HC Gary Kubiak told reporters on Monday that WR Andre Johnson is doing great following his recent concussion. (Drew Dougherty)
- HC Gary Kubiak mentioned that it’s “important” for the Texans to keep Ben Tate involved in their running game. (Drew Dougherty)
- WR DeAndre Hopkins believes he “can be better” than WR Andre Johnson. (Deepi Sidhu)
- DT Sammie Lee Hill suffered an ankle injury in Sunday’s loss, and is doubtful for Week 3. (Jim Wyatt)
- HC Mike Munchak mentioned that the Titans could be without RB Shonn Greene for a few weeks. (Jim Wyatt)
Tags Al Lapuaho andre johnson Anquan Boldin Anthony Spencer Asante Samuel Ben Tate Blaine Gabbert Bradley Fletcher Bradley McDougald Branden Albert Brandon Jacobs Brandon Myers Brandon Weeden Charles Godfrey Chris McCoy Da'rel Scott Darius Heyward-Bey Dashon Goldson DeAndre Hopkins Donald Thomas DuJuan Harris Dunta Robinson Dwayne Allen Eddie Lacy Eric Reid Ian Williams J.K. Shaffer Jacques McClendon Jamaal Charles Jamell Fleming James Starks Jason Campbell Jason Pierre-Paul Jeremy Ebert Jeromy Miles John Kuhn Josh Gordon Kevin Brock Malcolm Floyd Malcom Floyd Marcus Burley Matt Daniels Maurice Jones-Drew Miguel Maysonet Mike Person Muhammad Wilkerson Nate Allen Quentin Groves Richard Sherman Rob Chudzinski Rob Gronkowski Robert Malone Rodger Saffold Russell Okung Ryan Quigley Sammie Lee Hill Sean Weatherspoon Shonn Greene Travis Kelce Tyvon Branch Vernon Davis