- Broncos HC Vance Joseph confirmed that QB Paxton Lynch has shoulder sprain and will miss few weeks. (Nicki Jhabvala)
- When asked about the possibility of signing QB Colin Kaepernick, Joseph said: “Every option will be considered.” (Nicki Jhabvala)
- Nicki Jhabvala reports that DL Kyle Peko (foot) passed his physical on Monday will be activated from the PUP list.
- Rob Demvosky reports that the Packers have waived LS Derek Hart, which means Brett Goode will be their long snapper this year.
- Ian Rapoport reports that Raiders first-round CB Gareon Conley is expected to be ready and play in the team’s season opener.
- According to Rapoport, Conley will return to the practice field at some point in the near future.
According to Rams HC Sean McVay, they’ve yet to receive any indication from DT Aaron Donald regarding when or if he’ll report to the team.
“We haven’t received any word like that,” McVay said on Sunday, via Pro Football Talk. “Right now, that dialogue is ongoing. I know we had some meetings and discussions with their representation and that’s something that we’re working through to try and get figured out as soon as possible. If we do, we’ll be excited about that and if not, we’ve got to be ready to adjust and move forward. That’s the approach that we’ve taken, but certainly we’re very optimistic and hopeful that we’ll get that done. But we don’t have any specific updates, it’s kind of the same as where it’s been the last couple weeks.”
McVay added that this is an opportunity for some of their other defensive linemen to step up in Donald’s absence.
“[I]t’s . . . a unique opportunity for some guys to step up,” McVay said. “I think we’ve seen some really good things from Tanzel Smart that you see him play at the three technique, you see him play at the nose. Michael Brockers has taken on that leadership role, which he’s had for the last couple years and I think it gives you a chance to continue to evaluate guys that have been on this roster like an Ethan Westbrooks and a [Louis] Trinca-Pasat.”