Buccaneers HC Dirk Koetter mentioned that fifth-round RB Jeremy McNichols will get “one final chance to show what he can do” this week after he was limited to playing just two snaps in the team’s third preseason game.
“He’s doing fine on special teams. He’s just making too many mistakes on offense and he had a protection error that led to a sack so I took him out at that point,” Koetter said, via the Tampa Bay Times. “That was my decision. He’s going to play a lot on Thursday night and he’s going to get one final chance to show what he can do.”
- Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald reports that Dolphins management assured the Landry camp on Sunday that the team is not considering offers for him.
- The Dolphins also told Landry’s representation that there is no truth whatsoever to the report they will listen to offers for him.
- A team source tells Jackson that the Dolphins still haven’t made a single offer to Landry on a multi-year extension.
- While the Dolphins and multiple reports have refuted the trade rumors involving Landry, Michael Lombardi says he’s gotten calls from NFL teams saying his report is “100 percent accurate.”
James Kratch of NJ.com takes a look at some potential trade chips the Giants could consider moving in the next week.
- Kratch’s list includes TE Will Tye, DE Kerry Wynn, WR Dwayne Harris, DE Owa Odighizuwa, K Aldrick Rosas, DE Romeo Okwara, and OL D.J. Fluker.
- Outside of Harris, Kratch believes the best New York could get for any of these players would be a conditional late-round pick.
- Rams TE Temarrick Hemingway suffered a fractured fibula that will require surgery.
- While there’s currently no official timeline for Hemingway to return, Alden Gonzalez mentions that this could be at least a couple months.