Home / Broncos / NFL Notes: Draft, Browns, Colts, Jaguars, Patriots
NFL Notes: Draft, Browns, Colts, Jaguars, Patriots
- Daniel Jeremiah of NFL.com lists the Chargers, Broncos, Cardinals, Ravens, and Jets as five teams that should consider trading up for a quarterback in next year’s draft.
- As of now, these teams are projected draft at No. 8 (Chargers), No. 9 (Broncos), No. 11 (Cardinals), No. 12 (Ravens) and No. 13 (Jets) overall. (NFLTR)
- While Jeremiah believes Philip Rivers still has a few good years left in him, he believes it’s really important for the Chargers to have a young quarterback in place to take over once they move into their new stadium.
- Jeremiah says it could be time for the Ravens to strongly consider overhauling their offense including at the quarterback position.
- Browns HC Hue Jackson told reporters on Friday that he still believes rookie QB DeShone Kizer is going to be “the future of the franchise” even after the team’s attempt to trade for A.J. McCarron. (Scott Petrak)
- Mike Reiss reports that while TE Martellus Bennett is questionable with a shoulder injury, it’s not out of the realm of possibilities that he plays in Week 10, as he’s traveling with the team to Denver.
- This comes after Bennett explained on Instagram that he wanted to undergo shoulder surgery while he was with the Packers before they cut him loose. (NFLTR)
- The Patriots officially ruled out WR Chris Hogan (shoulder), DT Malcolm Brown (ankle) and OT Marcus Cannon (ankle) for Sunday night’s game against the Broncos.
- New England has five players listed as questionable including WR Danny Amendola, CB Stephon Gilmore, DE Cassius Marsh, CB Eric Rowe, and TE Martellus Bennett.
Tags A.J. Cann A.J. McCarron Cassius Marsh Chris Hogan Danny Amendola DeShone Kizer Eric Rowe Hue Jackson Jermey Parnell Malcolm Brown Marcus Cannon Marqise Lee Martellus Bennett Patrick Omameh Philip Rivers Stephon Gilmore