Lions GM Candidates
- Patriots director of player personnel Nick Cesario
- Jaguars director of player personnel Chris Polian
- Packers director of player personnel Eliot Wolf
- Patriots coaching assistant Michael Lombardi
- Seahawks co-director of player personnel Trent Kirchner
Giants TE Daniel Fells announced Thursday that he unfortunately will need to undergo an eighth surgery for the MRSA infection he’s been fighting.
— Daniel Fells (@danielfells85) November 5, 2015
Lions owner Martha Ford made a statement Thursday regarding the changes to the organization, saying that she’s “very disappointed with the results of the season.”
“We are very disappointed with the results of the season so far and believe a change in leadership was necessary,” Ford said. “We are beginning a national search for the best leadership to manage our team going forward. I want to assure our fans that we intend to identify and hire the very best leadership in order to produce a consistently winning football team. Our fans deserve a winning football team and we will do everything possible to make it a reality.”
Ford also announced Thursday that Sheldon White will be the team’s acting general manager and will report directly to her.
Ford added that there will be no changes to the team’s coaching staff as of now, and they’re already searching for new executives.
- Joel Corry mentions that it will be interesting to see what the Lions’ new regime does with WR Calvin Johnson and his $24.008 million cap number and $15.95 million salary in 2016.
- Corry suggests the Lions could receive somewhere between the two second-round picks the 49ers got for Alex Smith and the three first-round picks the Broncos received from the Bears in return for Jay Cutler if the new regime decides to move on from QB Matthew Stafford.
- Regarding HC Jim Caldwell, Corry believes it would be wise for him to have his agent being discretely contacting colleges with head-coaching openings if he wants to be a head coach next year.