Home / Jets / NFL Notes: Jets, Packers, Panthers & Patriots
NFL Notes: Jets, Packers, Panthers & Patriots
- Field Yates reports that Jets C Nick Mangold will earn a $2.4 million reporting bonus by showing up to training camp today, which happens to be the largest such bonus in the NFL.
- Packers HC Mike McCarthy indicated that TE Jared Cook‘s stay on the active/PUP lilst will be a short one.
- McCarthy said they have a positive medical report for Cook and Ian Rapoport reports that the decision to put him on the list was just precautionary.
- Panthers DT Kawann Short reported to training camp and said holding out was never a consideration for him. (Max Henson)
- In regards to a long-term contract, Short mentioned that isn’t sure when it will get done: “I love the Panthers. Hopefully we can get something done.” (Max Henson)
- Ben Volin reports that Patriots G Jonathan Cooper earns a $1,713,954 bonus if he’s still on their roster as of Friday. According to Volin, this kind of payment likely earns Cooper a roster spot.
- Volin adds that LB Ramon Humber and DT Frank Kearse will earn $25,000 bonuses for reporting to training camp and passing conditioning tests today.
Tags Frank Kearse Jared Cook Jonathan Cooper Kawann Short Mike McCarthy Nick Mangold Ramon Humber