Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk, citing a source with knowledge of the situation, reports that veteran WR Randy Moss has not attempted to find a job with an NFL team, and has not been contacted by an NFL team.
According to Florio, Moss has no interest in playing just to play. However, it’s believed that Moss would return only for a short list of quarterbacks — possibly only Peyton Manning or Tom Brady, according to Florio.
- Jeff Darlington mentions that whether or not the Dolphins’ coaching staff likes it, they must find way to keep DT Ndamukong Suh happy in their defensive scheme if they want to keep their jobs.
- According to Darlington, Dolphins owner Stephen Ross listens to what Suh has to say and he’s clearly here to stay after signing a massive $114 million contract back in March.
- Adam Beasley of the Miami Herald reported that Suh freelanced at times Sunday, creating confusion on the defense.
- Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that DT Josh Boyd has an MRI scheduled, but the initial diagnosis is not his injury is not as bad as it seemed.
- According to Rapoport, Boyd sustained a fracture to a small ankle bone, which is not expected to come with a long-term absence.
Here’s what Thomas said when asked about Chancellor:
“At this moment, he’s not battling with us, so I can’t really tell you what (his absence means),” Thomas told Silver. “It would be great if he comes back, but we’re gonna keep on truckin’ … You never know what’s going on with someone in that situation. He’s in a whole other place right now. He’s handling his situation, (rather than) helping us. I try not to deal with that energy.”
- The Vikings activated CB Jabari Price from the reserve/suspended list.