Bridgewater is in line to be an unrestricted free agent in 2018 after the Vikings declined to pick up his option. However, the possibility exists that Minnesota could place him on their PUP list to open the season and if he ends up staying there for the first six games, his contract would toll.
This would result in Bridgewater remaining under team control for $1.354 million in 2018.
Florio mentions that if Bridgewater and the NFLPA believe he can pass a physical, it could create a “huge” battle during the year.
- Nebraska WR Jordan Westerkamp will take part in the Browns’ minicamp next weekend on a tryout basis. (Greg Auman)
- Ball State OL Drake Miller will work out for the Jaguars at their rookie minicamp next weekend. (Greg Auman)
- The Giants have invited Toledo DE John Stepec to try out at their rookie minicamp. (John Kampf)
- Vanderbilt DL Torey Agee will try out during the Cardinals’ rookie minicamp next weekend. (Greg Auman)
- Tufts QB Alex Snyder will attend the Redskins’ minicamp next week on a tryout basis. (Greg Auman)
- Minnesota QB Mitch Leidner will try out for the Jaguars next weekend. (Darren Wolfson)
- BYU OL Andrew Eide has been invited to the Colts’ rookie minicamp this week. (Aaron Wilson)
- Minnesota LB Jack Lynn will attend the Falcons’ minicamp this week on a tryout basis. (Darren Wolfson)
- According to Field Yates, the Bears signed veteran DL Jaye Howard to a one-year contract that includes a base salary of $775,000 and up to $4 million in incentives.
- Should Howard earn all of the incentive pay included in this deal, the Chiefs would pick up $3.75 million in cap space.
- Jamison Hensley suggests signing free agent RB LeGarrette Blount as a way for the Ravens to run their old-school offseason.
- Hensley points out that the Ravens likely wouldn’t sign him or anyone that could impact their compensatory picks until after May 9.