Tom Pelissero has a list of the highest paid undrafted free agents to sign with teams this year in terms of guaranteed money.
The 49ers gave out the most guaranteed money to Colorado OLB Jimmy Gilbert, who received $62,000 guaranteed ($12K bonus, $50K base), per Pelissero.
— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) May 1, 2017
- Rich Campbell of the Chicago Tribune, citing people in the know, reports that Bears QB Mike Glennon “felt as though he had been cheated on” after the Bears made the decision to trade up and select QB Mitch Trubisky at No. 2 overall.
- Campbell mentions that the trust between Glennon and the Bears’ decision-makers has been damaged with this move and it figures to be an issue for them moving forward.
Carolina OC Mike Shula explained to Peter King of the MMQB that the decision to draft Christian McCaffrey and Curtis Samuel last week was designed to give them more flexibility in the backfield and make QB Cam Newton‘s life easier.
“In the Super Bowl, how many passes do you think Tom Brady threw to his backs? Mostly completed, right?” Shula said. “…So maybe sometimes it turns into just a four-yard gain. But I’ll take a four-yard gain.”
“I think Christian’s going to help Cam,” Shula added. “In fact, I know he’s going to help Cam. Giving him those guaranteed completions—well, high-percentage completions—you hit it right on the head. With what we’ll be asking Cam, he can get the ball out quicker now.”
- According to Jason La Canfora, some top candidates that have been contacted about the Redskins’ GM position have said they’re not interested.
- La Canfora hears that the most likely course of action for the Redskins is to promote personnel executive
- Doug Williams to a senior role overseeing the football operations staff.
Others such as scout Alex Santos and cap/contract negotiator Eric Schaffer could also see promotions.