Browns owner Jimmy Haslam shot down rumors on Sunday that surfaced he may consider selling the franchise.
“I don’t know where that would come from,” Haslam said, via Mary Kay Cabot of Cleveland.com. “That really aggravates me. Nothing could be further from the truth. Our commitment to the community and team. . . . Our execution might not be very good and I’ll take all the grief for that, but commitment you can’t question.
“So I unequivocally say that’s false and plan on owning the Browns for a long time and turning this franchise around.”
- Jason La Canfora would not be surprised if the Cowboys had new offensive and defensive coordinators next season.
- Sources tell La Canfora that Dallas players have had concerns about the team’s offense and play calling for a few weeks now along with the regression of QB Dak Prescott.
- Earlier in the day, Ian Rapoport. mentioned that offensive coordinator Scott Linehan and defensive coordinator Rod Marinelli could both be on the hot seat.
- If Linehan is out in Dallas, Rapoport says that current Steelers OC Todd Haley could be someone to watch for the position.
- As for Marinelli, Rapoport mentions Matt Eberflus as a potential in-house candidate to take over the Cowboys’ defense.
- Jason La Canfora is the latest to connect the Packers to Bears DC Vic Fangio as a potential replacement to DC Dom Capers.
- However, with Fangio being a free agent, it’s possible Fangio will have other options available to him.
- Adam Schefter of ESPN, citing league sources, reported that the Capers is not expected to return as the Packers’ defensive coordinator for the 2018 season. (NFLTR)
Veteran OLB Terrell Suggs told reporters after Sunday’s game that he still plans on playing multiple years.
“I plan on playing football next year and for years to come,” Suggs said.
Suggs admitted a month ago that he’s preparing himself for the possibility that he may not finish out his career in Baltimore.
“I would really love to be in one place my whole career. Not many players can say they did that,” Suggs said, via Jamison Hensley of ESPN.com. “But I also understand this is a business and that might not happen. I’m pretty much making my peace with it now. I’m preparing myself for it just in case. What will be, will be.”
- A name to watch for the Ravens’ defensive coordinator job, according to Jason La Canfora, is Chuck Pagano.
- Pagano actually held the Ravens’ defensive coordinator position before departing to become the Colts’ head coach several years ago.
- This is assuming that Dean Pees retires, which has been reported. (NFLTR)