Home / Bengals / NFL Rumors: Jon Gruden, Bengals, Colts, Cowboys
NFL Rumors: Jon Gruden, Bengals, Colts, Cowboys
- Adam Schefter reports that Bengals’ DC Paul Guenther, whose contract is now up, is expected to be a leading candidate to become Jon Gruden’s DC with the Raiders.
- Ian Rapoport says that the Raiders are confident Gruden will agree to become their next head coach at some point, but Gruden is being careful about doing so before they comply with the Rooney Rule.
- As of now, Gruden is still scheduled to broadcast a game Saturday for ESPN.
- Should Gruden take over as the Raiders’ head coach, Rapoport says that he’s planning to call plays.
- According to Albert Breer, Gruden has been lining up potential staff members for a few weeks, he isn’t as happy in the booth as he’s been and his youngest graduates high school next year.
- Alex Marvez is hearing that Cowboys special teams coach Rich Bisaccia and Jets personnel man Brian Heimerdinger could both be targets for Gruden with the Raiders.
- Jason Cole spoke with a person inside the Bengals’ who thinks owner Mike Brown is afraid to search for a new head coach because that person might want to change too many things in the organization.
- The Bengals and HC Marvin Lewis reportedly plan to take some time before making an announcement regarding their future. (NFLTR)
- Josina Anderson reports that if the Broncos do end up firing HC Vance Joseph, one possibility for him would be a return to the Bengals.
- According to Peter King, the Colts would like to find a long-term option at head coach to pair with QB Andrew Luck.
- King says that the rumor of Jim Irsay hiring Jim Harbaugh won’t go away. Although, King doesn’t think Harbaugh would be a great fit with Luck and GM Chris Ballard.
- Ian Rapoport reports that the Colts actually felt confident about hiring Jon Gruden last year and even had Gruden on a plane with Irsay and Peyton Manning. Rapoport says that Gruden was expected to be the Colts’ head coach with Manning taking a front office role.
- Alex Marvez reports that the Cowboys are expected to make a change at QB coach and move on from Wade Wilson. According to Marvez, more changes could be coming to Dallas’ offensive staff.
- Ian Rapoport reports that Cowboys WRs coach Derek Dooley is being let go.
Tags Andrew Luck Brian Heimerdinger Chris Ballard Derek Dooley Jim Harbaugh Jim Irsay Jon Gruden Marvin Lewis Mike Brown Paul Guenther Peyton Manning Rich Bisaccia Vance Joseph Wade Wilson