- Schefter adds that the Raiders and Vikings are still involved as well.
- According to Mortensen, the Bills believe the AFC East is “wide open.”
- Jay Glazer mentioned a few hours ago that the Bills were “making a late push” for Freeman as well.
- Glazer adds that Buffalo has already spoken to E.J. Manuel about the idea of signing Freeman.
- Tom Pelissero tweets that it if Freeman does in fact sign with a team Sunday night, “it doesn’t sound like it’ll be Vikings.”
Numerous reports indicated that Freeman expects to decide on his next team sometime tonight. The Bills are expected to be without first-round pick E.J. Manuel for close to a month, so it makes sense that would aggressively pursue the best available quarterback rather than move forward with Jeff Tuel.
Other speculative options include the 49ers, Packers, Jaguars Bengals and Titans.
We’ll be following the developments throughout the evening, so check back for updates.