- Alex Marvez mentions that Broncos QB Peyton Manning would receive $2 million by wining the AFC Championship and another $2 million if Denver was to win the Super Bowl.
- Bruce Feldman reports that Browns QBs coach Kevin O’Connell isn’t being retained.
- Instead, new Browns HC Hue Jackson is expected to bring in his own guy.
- Jason Cole of B/R reports the Buccaneers OC Dirk Koetter has been telling people around the league that he will be getting the head-coaching job in Tampa Bay.
- Cole mentions that Koetter wants to keep a lot of Buccaneers’ assistant coaches on his staff, which is why he’s reaching out to them.
- According to Cole, Koetter is likely to open up the offense even more next year, assuming he is in fact hired as their next head coach.
- The Colts named Jim Herrmann their new LBs coach and Darren Krein head strength and conditioning coach. (Aaron Wilson)
- The Colts also announced that OL coach Hal Hunter won’t be back with the team. (Aaron Wilson)
- Jason Cole of B/R reports that the Giants had to move quickly to hire Ben McAdoo after the Browns elected to bring in Hue Jackson as their next head coach.
- According to Cole, the most important issue from the Giants’ perspective was maintaining some consistency for QB Eli Manning, who has spent the past two years in McAdoo’s system.
- Cole adds that there are still some concerns about whether he can handle the entire locker room, and not just the offensive side of the ball.