- Alex Marvez reports that the 49ers have hired Eagles assistant LBs coach Brian Smith as a defensive assistant.
Zak Keefer of the Indianapolis Star takes a look at some Colts’ players who could be let go or brought back for the 2016 season in his latest article.
- Among the players expected to be back with the Colts are: K Adam Vinatieri, RB Frank Gore, DE Arthur Jones, and TE Coby Fleener.
- Conversely, Keefer expects the Colts to move on from WR Andre Johnson, OLB Trent Cole, CB Greg Toler, OLB Bjoern Werner, and TE Dwayne Allen.
- Keefer admits QB Matt Hasselbeck, ILB Jerrell Freeman and S Dwight Lowery could go either way.
- Aaron Wilson reports that the Jets worked out long snapper Zach Triner on Wednesday.
- According to Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk, the Seahawks are unlikely to re-sign or use their franchise tag on impending free agent Bruce Irvin.
- Florio believes that with a limited number of quality pass-rushers in this year’s free agent class, there’s a good chance that Irvin could cash in next month.