- Mike Silver has spoken to several GMs who have Notre Dame OT Ronnie Stanley rated ahead of Ole Miss OT Laremy Tunsil.
- Silver add that there is even some sense that the Chargers are considering Stanley and Tunsil at No. 3 overall.
- Ohio State RB Ezekiel Elliott mentioned during an appearance on the “Dan Patrick Show” that he thinks the Bears are in “love” with him. (Zach Zaidman)
- Alex Marvez spoke with a few teams who believe Jack Conklin is better suited at guard than offensive tackle. Even so, Marvez still expects Conklin to be take early in draft.
- Michigan LB James Ross is reportedly drawing interest from the Colts, Raiders, Ravens, and Lions. (Aaron Wilson)
- German WR Moritz Boehringer took pre-draft visits to Vikings, Chiefs, Packers, Rams, Seahawks, Saints, Falcons and Panthers. (Chris Tomasson)
- Temple WR Robby Anderson recently visited with the Packers, Browns, Bengals, Chiefs, and Raiders. (Aaron Wilson)
- Unless the 49ers somehow have Jalen Ramsey fall to them at No. 7 overall, Matt Miller expects them to target either an offensive or defensive lineman.
- Miller specifically mentions Laremy Tunsil, DeForest Buckner, and Ronnie Stanley as names to keep an eye on for San Francisco.
- According to Miller, the 49ers have moved LB Myles Jack to their “sub-board,” which means he wouldn’t play in 2016.
- Interestingly enough, Miller adds that the 49ers could trade back into round one with Colin Kaepernick possibly being used as trade capital.
Saints QB Drew Brees mentioned during an interview with the NFL Network that contract talks are ongoing with the team.
“No, I mean listen, conversations are ongoing and as this usually goes with contract talks, it kind of goes throughout the offseason,” Brees said. “As soon as there’s something to report I’ll let you know.”
Brees added that he still has trust in organization, and plans to retire as a Saint.
- Matt Miller reports that the Steelers are set on taking a cornerback in round one.
- Instead, they could consider taking West Virginia S Karl Joseph depending on his medicals.
- Miller adds that the Steelers have no plans to make backup QB Landry Jones available for trade, as they value him even more after a good showing last year.
- Matt Miller says that the current buzz right now regarding the Titans is that they’re considering a trade back into the top 10 for a right tackle.
- Miller mentions that the Titans may try to get ahead of the Browns at No. 8 overall to take Jack Conklin, considering that he’s believed to be a Browns’ target.