- Per the Athletic’s Matthew Fairburn, Bills QB Josh Allen is still in the concussion protocol but will do some individual drills.
- Bills S Dean Marlowe and FB Patrick DiMarco are also in the protocol. (Vic Carucci)
“[Dolphins’ strength and conditioning coach Dave Pulokais] is doing a great job with him, getting his weight down. [Nkemdiche] came here really heavy. He’s getting his weight down. I’m excited about him. He’s getting his body in better shape. I asked him personally, how’s that weight coming? I want to be the only extra large guy in the room,” said Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald.
Hobby praised Dolphins’ practice squad DL Gerald Willis and hopes to see him promoted to the active roster at some point this season.
“I got a chance to meet with [Willis] at the Combine, visit with him,” Hobby said. “On the practice squad, his quickness shows up. And he thinks fast. We got to get into him playing both [defensive tackle] roles, not just 3-technique. He’s been good in the meeting room. I have no negatives.”
- Dolphins HC Brian Flores says WR Allen Hurns remains in the concussion protocol but is progressing, per Adam Beasley of the Miami Herald: “He’s as tough as they come. Dependable, smart. I think he embodies a lot of the things we want.”
- Per the Athletic’s Connor Hughes, Jets HC Adam Gase says QB Sam Darnold has not yet been cleared for contact.
- Manish Mehta of the NY Daily News believes it would be a rush job for Darnold to play Sunday, as he’s still not lifting and the doctors continue to monitor him.
- However, if Darnold is cleared by the doctors, Hughes believes he’ll play.
- Darnold will have more tests on Friday. (Brian Costello)
- The Patriots worked out a group of five free-agent kickers Wednesday. (NFLTR)
- Longtime Patriots K Stephen Gostkowski has missed four extra points so far in 2019 and was just placed on injured reserve with a season-ending hip injury.
- One of the kickers is rookie Matthew Wright from UCF, though New England is not considering signing him. (Reiss)
- Veteran K Kai Forbath is one of the others included in the workout by New England. (Reiss)
- Veteran K Mike Nugent is the other strong contender for the job, though New England will wait for more workouts tomorrow before signing a player. (Ian Rapoport)
- Patriots re-signed S Jordan Richards. (NFLTR)
- Patriots placed K Stephen Gostkowski on injured reserve. (NFLTR)
- Patriots signed WR Kelvin McKnight to their practice squad.