- Bills HC Sean McDermott said LB Matt Milano (hamstring) and WR Duke Williams (shoulder) will be game-time decisions on Sunday. (Matthew Fairburn)
- The Bills officially list S Kurt Coleman (hamstring), CB Kevin Johnson (neck), LB Matt Milano (hamstring), LB Corey Thompson (ankle), and WR Duke Williams (shoulder) as questionable.
- Dolphins HC Brian Flores stopped short of saying DT Robert Nkemdiche (knee) and CB Cordrea Tankersley (knee) will play this season, but added they are making “good progress.” (Barry Jackson)
Jets HC Adam Gase said LB C.J. Mosley (groin) could be placed on the injured reserve.
“Everything is on the table right now,” said Gase, via Rich Cimini.
- According to Brian Costello, the Jets consider G Kelechi Osemele missing Friday’s practice as an “unexcused absence” after the linemen underwent surgery without the team’s permission.
- Michael Lombardi writes that the Jets should try to trade DE Leonard Williams for a solid offensive lineman or a third-round pick.
- Jay Glazer says that no credence to the speculation that Jets HC Adam Gase could be one-and-done in New York.
- Glazer mentions that GM Joe Douglas is actually Gase’s guy when asked if Douglas may prefer to have a head coach of his own choosing.
- The Jets officially ruled out T Kelvin Beachum (ankle), RB Trenton Cannon (foot, ankle), LB Albert McClellan (concussion), and LB C.J. Mosley (groin) and list TE Christopher Herndon (hamstring), LB Neville Hewitt (neck, knee), and G Kelechi Osemele (shoulder) as doubtful.
- The Jets also have DE Henry Anderson (shoulder), WR Braxton Berrios (hamstring), and CB Trumaine Johnson (ankle) down as questionable.
Regarding the Patriots’ decision to place WR Josh Gordon on their injured reserve, HC Bill Belichick said “there were a number” of issues that factored into the move.
“There were a number of things going on. In the end, we made the transaction that we felt was best for the team. He’s not healthy right now,” said Belichick, via Doug Kyed.
As for the Patriots trading DE Michael Bennett to the Cowboys, Belichick explained “there were a lot of factors” that went into trading the veteran defensive end.
“There were a lot of factors. Multiple considerations. He’s a good player. He would have helped us. There are a certain number of things we have to work with and work around,” said Belichick, via Kyed.
- Mike Reiss notes that Patriots CB Justin Bethel’s two-year contract carries a prorated base salary of $930,000 for 2019 and a $1.5 million for 2020. He can also earn $500,000 through roster bonuses.
- The Patriots officially ruled out TE Ryan Izzo (concussion) and TE Matt LaCosse (knee) for Week 8’s game and list RB Rex Burkhead (foot), S Patrick Chung (head, chest), WR Julian Edelman (chest), G Shaquille Mason (ankle), and WR Gunner Olszewski (ankle, hamstring) as questionable.